[cairo] version was: (no subject)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 10 10:55:11 PDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:49:02 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Could use odd micro versions to indicate HEAD versions; official
> releases would always have even micro versions.

That's a bit cleaner than the non-numeric "-head" thing we've been
doing. (I did check that pkg-config at least did the right thing with
the non-numeric suffix, but I know this thing did make several
packagers nervous.)

I liked "-head" in that it made clear what it was without requiring
that the user know any convention. But the odd-micro thing does have
rather wide adoption these days.

Let's do that.