[cairo] Font licenses and embedding

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:35:54 PDT 2005

The issue of font licenses and font embedding has come up on the xorg
list. How is this handled with the PS/PDF backend for Cairo? I may
have GPL or commercial fonts on my system, how are the licenses dealt
with when the font gets embedded into the PS file?

There needs to be some mechanism for the user to know what is going on
with the licenses and font embedding. You don' t want to accidentally
post a commercial font to the Internet or inadvertently GPL your
document.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com