[cairo] Two small patches

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Aug 13 10:27:09 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 01:08 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:38:03 -0400 (EDT), Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> >   - Does not err if there are excess elements in the path.
> > Means, if there are more points than needed for an operation.
> > This way applications may store private data in a path structure.
> > Would be good to know if people see any obvious problem with
> > allowing that.
> >
> >   - Adds a CAIRO_PATH_NOOP operation, that cairo simply ignores.
> > That's to expand the functionality from last item, to allow for
> > application-specific operations.
>
> What thoughts do people have on this addition?

Do we have a use case here? Or is it just for 'future proofing' the API?
Without a compelling use case, I don't see enough intrinsic value to
warrant this particular change.

I like value checking across the API as it catches errors earlier in the
program. Please compell this change with some application which cannot
easily be written without it.

-keith