[cairo] Cairo ported to OS/2 - Suggestions

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Aug 17 03:21:22 PDT 2005

Doodle writes:
 > It seems to me that in ANSI C it's called _cdecl, so one less
 > underscore. See:
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calling_convention

I very much doubt the ISO (ANSI) C standard says anything about
_cdecl. That article seems to be thinkig "all the world is i386".

 > Basically, the problem is that if the calling convention is not
 > declared, then the compiler will use the default one, which is based
 > on compiler switches.

So are multiple calling conventions actually commonly in use on OS/2?
At least on Win32, I think it's only the system DLLs that use the
stdcall calling convention. Most commonly distributed Open Source
packages certainly don't bother uglifying their headers with calling
convention attributes. Well, at least the ones I am personally
involved with don't ;-)

--tml