[cairo] XML

Aldo Nicolas Bruno aldox86 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:16:31 PST 2005

2005/12/7, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 12:49:35 +0000, Aldo Nicolas Bruno wrote:
> > Hi, I'm looking for a way of rendering Cairo throught an XML
> > interface. Is there anything like that?
>
> I'm not quite sure which direction or what exactly you are wanting to
> do, but I can at least point out a couple of options.
>
> There is the SVG format which is a W3C recommendation for an XML-based
> description of vector graphics:
>
>         http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/
>
> We have the libsvg-cairo library in cairographics.org which allows for
> taking (many, though certainly not all) SVG documents and rendering
> them with cairo:
>
>         http://cvs.cairographics.org/libsvg/
>         http://cvs.cairographics.org/libsvg-cairo/
>
> There are also example programs that use this library to render to an
> X window, write out to a PNG image, or write out to a PDF file:
>
>         http://cvs.cairographics.org/xsvg/
>         http://cvs.cairographics.org/svg2png/
>         http://cvs.cairographics.org/svg2pdf/

Yes. Many thanks it is very useful all this

I've a problem: SVG is for single page graphics... I'd need something
that can output many pages in PDF for example.
I've found the SVG Print http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGPrint/ , is this supported?
Alternatively I could generate one PDF at a time and then join?

Best regards

--

Aldo Nicolas Bruno