[cairo] XML

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Dec 7 13:57:29 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:16:31 +0000, Aldo Nicolas Bruno wrote:
> I've a problem: SVG is for single page graphics... I'd need something
> that can output many pages in PDF for example.
> I've found the SVG Print http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGPrint/ , is this
> supported?

I know that libsvg does not support SVG Print.

I think that librsvg also does not support it.

> Alternatively I could generate one PDF at a time and then join?

That might work, but there's a simpler solution as well. It should be
a quite trivial matter to take something like svg2pdf and make it
accept a list of SVG files on the command line, putting the results
into a single PDF file, one SVG file per page.

The loop would look something like this:

    for (i=0; i < num_files; i++) {
	svg_cairo_parse_file (svgc, file[i]);
	svg_cairo_render (svgc, cr);
	cairo_show_page (cr);
    }

Good luck, and let us know how you fare, (I'd be glad to commit any
good changes you come up with to svg2pdf).