[cairo] angular gradient

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Thu Dec 8 16:27:28 PST 2005

Hello David,

David Reveman wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 09:11 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:30:22 +0100, "Leon Woestenberg" wrote:
>>

>>>Checking cairo to see if I could mimick this, I saw cairo does not
>>>support angular gradient. Can I file this on the Bugzilla feature
>>>wish-list,

>>> or is it something not belonging inside cairo for some reason?
>>>

>>To me it looks like a fairly reasonable thing to add. And imitating
>>
>Anyone who wants to take that jump should be aware that the current
>gradient code will be removed as soon as someone reviews and approves my
>recent gradient patches, which moves the gradient computations into
>libpixman and the xserver. Pixman and X server got angular gradient
>support already, it's just a matter of hooking it up to cairo.

Thanks for that pointer, I was not interested in the gradient stuff
until recently myself.

But having the gradient support moved into other place worries me; Does
this mean Cairo will no longer support gradient when it is used as a
stand-alone library (along with libpixman but nothing more than just that?

Regards,

Leon.