[cairo] Re: Avoiding seams

mental at rydia.net mental at rydia.net
Tue Dec 13 08:52:03 PST 2005

Quoting Niki Spahiev <niki.spahiev at gmail.com>:

> mental at rydia.net wrote:
>
> > As far as I can tell, the Macromedia Flash renderer uses
> > oversampling.
>
> According to AGG author Flash uses two-sided fills.

The Flash path data specification certainly does, but the renderer
itself doesn't seem to rely on that, and its output displays
characeristics which indicate NxN oversampling is being employed.

IIRC, in the Flash version of my star-and-ring demo, I made sure
that the ring segments were in separate layers within the symbol,
so Flash couldn't take advantage of two-sided fills.

-mental