[cairo] Win32 Testsuite + .def file

Christian Biesinger cbiesinger at web.de
Thu Dec 15 15:14:53 PST 2005

Hi,
I tried running the testsuite on windows today. I compiled using
cygwin's compiler, without -mno-cygwin.

It turns out that this configuration does not really work so well. The
tests are looking for libcairo-2.dll, while the library is called
cygcairo-2.dll (libtool appears to do that).

I assume that the wrong name is coming from the .def file, which has:
LIBRARY libcairo-2.dll

Is that line necessary? Cairo seems to compile and test fine if I remove
it...

Also, in other news...
there was this recent change to src/Makefile.am, without a corresponding
ChangeLog entry:
http://cvs.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/src/Makefile.am?r1=1.68&r2=1.69

vlad: Was that change intentional? It seems like this changes what the
.def file that cairo tarballs ship contains. Don't know if that'd be a
bad thing.

-biesi