[cairo] Win32 Testsuite + .def file

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:37:09 PST 2005

On 12/15/05, Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried running the testsuite on windows today. I compiled using
> cygwin's compiler, without -mno-cygwin.
>
> It turns out that this configuration does not really work so well. The
> tests are looking for libcairo-2.dll, while the library is called
> cygcairo-2.dll (libtool appears to do that).
>
> I assume that the wrong name is coming from the .def file, which has:
> LIBRARY libcairo-2.dll

Oh, I noticed that as well... I've just been copying the .dll to the
name it was looking for, never got around to looking at the reason.

> Also, in other news...
> there was this recent change to src/Makefile.am, without a corresponding
> ChangeLog entry:
> http://cvs.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/src/Makefile.am?r1=1.68&r2=1.69
>
> vlad: Was that change intentional? It seems like this changes what the
> .def file that cairo tarballs ship contains. Don't know if that'd be a
> bad thing.

Sorry, I thought I put in a ChangeLog entry.  It was intentional,
though I didn't realize the .def file was in the tarball and not
generated each time.  The problem is that without the -include, only
the symbols for the surfaces with the -D there are exported.  So, for
example, glitz isn't part of that list, and if you build without
freetype bad things happen, etc.  I'm not sure what the .def file
solution is; maybe we just ship a .def.win32 with a default set, but I
have no idea what should be in that default set (I guess that .def
file would be used for building with msvc?  Even then, you might not
want to build, e.g. freetype/ps/pdf, and the like...).

    - Vlad