[cairo] [patch] BeOS backend, take 2

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 16 06:07:28 PST 2005

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:12:30 +0100, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> OK, checked in.

Thanks.

> I got this message when commiting:
> cvs commit: warning:  Set to use deprecated info format strings.  Establish
> compatibility with the new info file format strings (add a temporary '1' in
> all info files after each '%' which doesn't represent a literal percent)
> and set UseNewInfoFmtStrings=yes in CVSROOT/config.  After that, convert
> individual command lines and scripts to handle the new format at your
> leisure.
>
> Is that normal?

Yes, that's normal. Getting rid of that is actually a lot harder than
the message there suggests (I tried once and gave up).

Someone else with another project on freedesktop.org actually stuck
through and made the transition work. We should be able to copy the
result now, but nobody has bothered yet.