[cairo] API Shakeup: Eliminating cairo_copy

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Feb 23 06:33:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:04:20 -0500, Jonathan Brandmeyer wrote:
> This clears up a lot, even if large parts don't quite make sense.  The
> fact that it copies only the most recent state from src to the most
> recent state of dest is the most surprising to me, followed closely by
> the graphics state including the target device.

This second point should be well addressed by the thread:

	API Shakeup: cairo_create and eliminating cairo_set_target_surface

The original confusion regarding the behavior of cairo_copy still
remains.

We discussed this and decided to simply eliminate the cairo_copy call.

Then, if a use case arises where some additional functions are needed,
(such as cairo_get/set_graphics_state), we can easily add them in the
future. But we don't know any compelling reason to do so now.