[cairo] plan to port Cairo to a new platform

Henning Nielsen Lund hnl_dk at stofanet.dk
Wed Feb 23 08:15:03 PST 2005

Hello

I am new to this list, and just want to inform what my intention is with
joining this mailing list.

I am planing to port GTK+ to the new PPC version of AmigaOS - Amiga OS 4.0.
I am also in a Team working on getting ready to port OpenOffice.org to
AmigaOS4 - http://amigaopenoffice.org

I have been looking at a lot of options, and think that Cairo would give
the best basis for a graphics library that could ease the porting effort
of the drawing and rendering part of GTK+ and OOo.

I also have a plan maybe to port libXCB and libX11, but one thing at a
time ;-)

I have planed to begin my porting effort in a few weeks, so if some of
You have some ideas and hints for making a new backend, would i be very
thankful :-)

--
best regards,
hnl_dk - Henning Nielsen Lund [Denmark]