[cairo] 3D in Cairo

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:35:06 PST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:18:14 -0800, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at d2.com> wrote:
> David Reveman wrote:
>
> > I'm afraid the answer today is yes, but I'd like it to be, No.
> >
> > "If you want to do 3d, you should instead be using OpenGL", I've heard
> > this from more than one person and I don't like it...
> >
> > Microsoft Avalon will make it really easy for developers to write simple
> > efficient 3d applications in Windows.

There are many things to consider when looking at Avalon. For instance
compatibility, it may be better to take the XML from Avalon and
provide an emulation library for displaying it. There is also the
topic of retained vs immediate mode. Is Avalon's imaging model even
based on Postscript? etc, etc...

I'd just like to see XGL up on mesa-solo before chasing other projects.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com