[cairo] 3D in Cairo

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Mon Feb 28 16:49:19 PST 2005

Nathan Hurst wrote:

> Should the API include a proper NURB type then?  There is a gpld nurbs
> library of unknown (to me) quality floating around:
> http://libnurbs.sourceforge.net/

My first impression is that that is excessively complex. NURBS have an
arbitrary number of points in them, and a "weight" per point (although I
think this is equivalent to repeating that point N times?) and do not
pass through any of the points, all of which make them hard to use.

I would not propose doing the rational splines except it looks like it
is required for 3D projection anyway, so it is then "free".