[cairo] cairo_text_extents - weird behavior

Alex Dubov oakad at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 08:07:13 PST 2005

Hello.
May be I missed something important, but I'm getting a
very strange results from cairo_text_extents.
The problems goes this way: I'm setting transformation
matrix for the surface, then call text_extents and
then show_text. If I'm doing only "translate"
everything works fine (for example
text_extents.width=55, the correct value, every call).
When I'm doing zoom, the value will change
sporadically from 55 to 52 and back, depending on zoom
factor (I'm changing zoom factor and call text_extents
each time).
When I'm doing CW rotation the symptoms are different
to "zoom" case.
But when I'm doing CCW rotation the value for
extents.width will change wildly (depending on
rotation angle), getting as low as 30 (nearly half the
correct value and less than 55*sin(45) for this
matter) near 45 degrees CCW rotation.

If somebody have any idea on this (or maybe it has
some reasonable explanation, I don't know), I'll
greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.