[cairo] Some experiments with gtk-doc

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 06:36:22 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:25:18 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> OK, I landed this into CVS and moved all the interesting docs from
> doc/reference/ to inline in gtk-doc.

Thanks.

> I set up a nightly auto-build in my freedesktop.org account with
> the results at:
>
>   http://cairographics.org/~otaylor/cairo-docs/

This looks good. I'd like to get it moved into a more permanent home I
wondered if this couldn't just take over the primary documentation URL
http://cairographics.org/documentation. But we do already have a
wiki-based FAQ. So it seems like we'll still want at least one
top-level wiki-based page pointing to the available resources.

So, what shall we call these things? Maybe "manuals"? And where shall
we put them? So far, the URL structure has been mostly flat, but we
can change that if needed. This simplest suggestion for now would be:

	/documentation	- wiki index to documentation (as today)
	/FAQ		- wiki FAQ (as today)
	/manuals	- new gtk-doc generated stuff

And later, it might make sense to make FAQ and manuals children of
documentation, if we decide to give the website more hierarchy.

> I don't mind leaving the auto-build running in my account, but we
> should probably hide the URL behind a mod-rewrite redirect
> so that we can move it somewhere else later.

Owen, the website should allow simple mixing of wiki and static
content. So if you point your auto-build to
/srv/cairo.freedesktop.org/www/manuals it should just work.

> For emacs users:
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gtk-doc/tools/gtk-doc.el?rev=1

And the emacs addicts among us greatly appreciate it.