[cairo] Patch improving fallbacks

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jan 31 09:09:10 PST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:47:02 -0500, Tim Rowley wrote:
> I'm not interested in interleaving drawing in an area - mozilla's
> view manager makes sure things are drawn in the right order
> (caveat: <svg:foreignObject> gets a bit more complicated).  All I
> want is the cairo drawing to composite properly over what was
> already drawn.  This works fine on X11, but not with the current
> quartz backend.

Well, in the proposed model, cairo would initially assume the target
surface is empty. And if you wanted to let it know that there is
already something there you care about, you would have to let it
know. Something like:

	cairo_set_target_surface (cr, surface);
	cairo_surface_mark_dirty (cr, surface, 0, 0, width, height);