[cairo] win32 build

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 07:45:45 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 02:16 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Liam Breck writes:
>  > At the risk of being thought lazy, may I ask someone to point me to, or
>  > offer to email, a build of the 0.5 snapshot for Windows (with win32
>  > backend), and a list of its dependencies?
>
> Here you are:
>
> http://www.iki.fi/tml/libpixman-0.1.5.zip
>
> No dependencies.
>
> http://www.iki.fi/tml/cairo-0.5.0.zip
>
> No dependencies except libpixman. This is a minimal Cairo build, just
> the Win32 backend. Built with --disable-freetype and --disable-png. If
> you like I can rebuild it with FreeType (and thus fontconfig) and/or
> PNG. (That is how I build it normally myself.) PDF backend would
> require FreeType.
>
> Seems to work with HEAD GTK+ and Pango. (Which was a small surprise at
> first, I would have guessed that would have required a
> fontconfig-aware cairo. But actually, why would it?)

Pango / GTK+ are definitely targeted at no-fontconfig Cairo, I'm hoping
that we can eventually eliminate the use of fontconfig for the GIMP,
etc, as well using Cairo for client side rendering.

PNG is, as I'd consider it, part of the core Cairo API, and useful
for a lot of simple "hello world" type things, so I think it should be
included in builds.

Regards,
						Owen