[cairo] Re: Glyph extents API

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Mon Jun 13 13:21:19 PDT 2005

Keith Packard <keithp <at> keithp.com> writes:
> 'cairo_scaled_font_glyph_extents'.
> I'm wondering if anyone ever plans on sending more than one glyph at a
> time to this function as it would dramatically simplify the
> implementation if it allowed for only one glyph at a time.

I'm completely unframiliar with this part of the API. But the first thing that
jumps out at me is pair-kerning. The extent of "Wo" is not equal to "W" + "o"
for many fonts.

It sounds like there are other ways to measure the extents for strings, and
simple code is a win. Please ignore this as appropriate.