[cairo] win32 build

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jun 25 10:00:12 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 09:42 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 12:12 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > I'm not really sure we want backend-specific reference images for
> > the full set of tests we have now. That's a lot of images.
>
> Yes, I think this is exactly what we want.  A new backend should come
> with a set of reference images for it.  Given that we have intentionally
> departed from pixel-exact rendering, I think this is the best we can
> manage.

This makes the process of adding new regression tests pretty
annoying for everyone, which isn't really what we want.

> > And certainly for glitz, and potentially for Win32 as well, we may
> > not get exact-bit matches with the *same* image across machines.
>
> Right, which is why the regression testing should have some mechanism to
> replace the 'standard' images with machine-specific ones so people can
> go through the tests and visually examine the results where they differ
> from the provided ones and use the locally generated images where
> correct (by visual inspection).

Based on all experience with GLib, people really like 'make check'
to pass and file bugs liberally when it doesn't... having make check
fail until people do some sort of manual verification and replacement
doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I'm already concerned about the Xlib failures on most servers.

Regards,
						Owen