[cairo] win32 build

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jun 25 09:42:08 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 12:12 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I'm not really sure we want backend-specific reference images for
> the full set of tests we have now. That's a lot of images.

Yes, I think this is exactly what we want.  A new backend should come
with a set of reference images for it.  Given that we have intentionally
departed from pixel-exact rendering, I think this is the best we can
manage.

> And certainly for glitz, and potentially for Win32 as well, we may
> not get exact-bit matches with the *same* image across machines.

Right, which is why the regression testing should have some mechanism to
replace the 'standard' images with machine-specific ones so people can
go through the tests and visually examine the results where they differ
from the provided ones and use the locally generated images where
correct (by visual inspection).

Essentially, the goal is to ensure that changes in cairo don't
unintentionally change the output on any machine.

We would provide stock images based on the image backend for each
platform, and then potentially additional images based on the window
system backend, using an unaccelerated driver where possible so that we
can test on all hardware.

-keith