[cairo] Cairographics on win32

Oleg Smolsky oleg.smolsky at pacific-simulators.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 12:30:44 PST 2005

Hello Jacob,

Jacob Lister wrote on Tuesday, 8 March 2005:
> Can anyone give me a *really* straightfoward guide to getting
> cairographics up and running on Win32 (MSVC)? Ideally without as
> little need for installing other software or build tools. Would be
> much appreciacted, ta.
Well, a guide is either straightforward or detailed :) Here is a
straightforward overview of what I do:
- Create a lib project "cairo", set the following pre-processor
  macros: CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_FONT=1, HAVE_CONFIG_H=1,
  CAIRO_HAS_WIN32_SURFACE=1,CAIRO_HAS_PNG_SURFACE=1
- add cairo source code, copy config.h and stdint.h from unix and
  butcher them to match VC++ headers
- repeat the procedure for libpixman
- get source and VC projects of libpng and zlib
- create a small windows project (no mfc), set dependencies and
  copy/paste cairo_demp/cairo_snippets/cairo_snippets_win32.c code

Best regards,
Oleg.