[cairo] Mac Tiger Core Image

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Thu Mar 10 21:42:40 PST 2005

mental at rydia.net wrote:
> Quoting mental at rydia.net:
>

>> 2. dilate all shapes slightly before rendering so they overlap
>>sufficiently to eliminate fringing [ this is the approach taken
>>by the AntiGrain Geometry library ]
>

> Speaking of which, it turns out the AntiGrain folks have a page with
> sample images that illustrate the problem I'm talking about "in the
> wild":
>
> http://www.antigrain.com/svg/index.html

These images are not showing what you want. They are antialiased. It
looks to me like they drew the shapes slightly larger with an
antialiased outline. If you turned off antialiasing there would be a
stairstep aliased division between the shapes.

It is possible that this may be easily done in Cairo by doing a stroke
after filling the shape.

The program producing these SVG files may want to be improved to make
overlapping areas, rather than making them all just barely touch like that.