[cairo] Mac Tiger Core Image

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Thu Mar 10 21:47:04 PST 2005

Nathan Hurst wrote:

> As long as you don't have issues with edge pixels not being in either
> set, which is very hard /impossible to avoid?  I remember spending a lot
> of time trying to find a way around this some years ago, but there was
> no happy solution.

"aliased" polygon-fill can be defined as producing a shape such that if
the outlines are the same of the two adjoining shapes, no pixel is
missed and no pixel is filled by both. The usual method is to fill the
pixel if the point at the center is inside the shape. If the pixel is on
the edge the decision is made by whether the filled area is above or
below it.

The big problem with these algorithims is that a thin object completely
disappears. This makes this algorithim useless for strokes or letters or
anything other than fairly large (>1 pixel) polygons.