[cairo] Re[2]: Cairographics on win32

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Mar 30 07:52:15 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:23:05 +1300, Oleg Smolsky wrote:
> Cool. I've created a win32 directory that contains cairo.vcproj as
> well as windows-compatible versions of cairo-features.h, config.h and
> stdint.h.

I'm now wondering if we shouldn't put these files into a separate
directory at the top-level of CVS. Since this patch has hand-modified
copies of files that are auto-generated by the standard build process,
I fear they may become out of date and lead to confusion. If this
stuff is in a separate CVS module, then its "unofficial" status is
more obvious, it can have their own README information pointing to the
correct maintainer, and it can have independent release timing if
necessary.

What do you think of that?

All we'd need is a name for it. One thing that occurs to me is that
there is similar motivation for the Debian packaging files which we
decided to put in packaging/debian. So maybe packaging/win32 ?

> > Naturally. Portability improvements are always appreciated. Let's see
> > what you've got.
> Alright, here is a patch against CVS/HEAD that adds a VC++ project and
> allows me to build debug/release versions. Note, this project depends
> on libpixman, libpng and zlib. I can submit projects for them too.
>
> P.S. is this the right kind of patch?

Yes, the patch is in the right format, and most of it looks just
fine. Having a custom stdint.h looks pretty creepy to me. Is there
nothing better to be done there?

Also, the included copy of stdint.h has either incompatible or at
least insufficient licensing information attached. But I can supply a
version with cairo-compatible licensing, I think.