[cairo] Re[2]: Cairographics on win32

Bob Jamison rjamison at titan.com
Wed Mar 30 11:32:20 PST 2005

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

>Carl Worth writes:
> > All we'd need is a name for it. [...] So maybe packaging/win32 ?
>
>packaging/msvc would be better, as it is also possible (some would say
>preferrable, even) to build Cairo on Win32 using the normal autofoo
>mechanism, when using GNU tools ("mingw").
>
>--tml

Maybe packaging/static, since the static Makefile and cairo-features.h
would probably work for Mingw, MSVC, Borland, etc.
I have been using a static makefile on both Linux & Mingw for a month now,
with no problems.  The trick is to have a cairo-features.h depend on
cairo-features-win32.h or cairo-features-xlib.h,  like:

cairo-features.h:  cairo-features-$(ARCH).h
    $(CP) cairo-features-$(ARCH).h cairo-features.h

Bob