[cairo] Re[2]: Cairographics on win32

Andrew Johnson acjgenius at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 30 16:20:20 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 10:16 -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:
> > packaging/msvc would be better, as it is also possible (some would say
> > preferrable, even) to build Cairo on Win32 using the normal autofoo
> > mechanism, when using GNU tools ("mingw").
>
> Has anyone actually done this? The last time(s) I tried I always failed
> horribly (and I have no inclination to install half a GB of Cygwin to
> have a "proper" Unix environment).
>
> Instructions on the build process would be *extremely* welcome.

I can't give instructions off hand, but I have done it. many times.
however depending on version of cvs, and setup occasionaly there can be
caveats - for eg a few months ago  on a lark I made some Delphi/FPC
bindings for an old cairo(pre any win32 code) - while making pixman
worked, Parts of cairo had to be manually compiled, and I had to
manually link svg-cairo. Most of these problems have been subsequently
fixed however so generally speaking, as tor pointed out, install mingw
and tools, drop in the pkg-config stuff, and compile mostly works.

Andrew