[cairo] Re[2]: Cairographics on win32

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Mar 30 12:29:50 PST 2005

 > > it is also possible (some would say preferrable, even) to build
 > > Cairo on Win32 using the normal autofoo mechanism, when using GNU
 > > tools ("mingw").

 > Has anyone actually done this?

Sure.

 > The last time(s) I tried I always failed horribly

In what way?

 > Instructions on the build process would be *extremely* welcome.

Install mingw, MSYS and msysDTK. Install Cairo's dependencies from
www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html (pkg-config, fontconfig),
gnuwin32.sourceforge.net (libpng), www.zlib.org (zlib). Run autogen.sh.

Oh well, so there are some details that can cause troubles. Check this
message from Owen Taylor about building GTK+ on Win32, which contains
many useful hints that are applicable also to Cairo:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-January/msg00091.html

--tml