[cairo] cairo-java API review

Jordi Mas jordi at ximian.com
Mon May 2 16:51:34 PDT 2005

Hola Owen,

> I'd like to see eventually some sort of guidelines document for
> creating a binding for Cairo. While some parts of the binding
> will be forced by the language, and others by the correspondence
> to the C API, there are other things which are more or less
> arbitrary and it would be nice if the different languages make
> the same choices.

I think that this is a good idea. For example, it would be very
convenient if the Java and C# bindings group the C API calls under the
same objects and share the same objects names.

Since many changes in the API are been introduced in the next version of
Cairo it would be interesting to have a draft document before the
bindings for different languages are updated to the latest API version.

I'm currently taking care of the Mono.Cairo bindings.

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas i Hernàndez - Mono development team - http://www.mono-project.com
Homepage and LiveJournal at http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas