[cairo] MOZ-SVG-cairo (was: usable libsvg-cairo?)

Liam Breck svg at networkimprov.net
Thu May 12 20:29:24 PDT 2005

Thanks for your interest!

I meant collaboration on an open source basis, of course, and I'll put the
relevant parts in a separate download under GPL as soon as I have a moment.
We applied standard copyright to the prototype because the code simply
isn't suitable for distribution as is; poor mem mgmgt, no error checking,
style issues, etc!

Please feel free to look at the code if curious. It doesn't do anything
patent-pending or trade secreted. I expect most of it will be replaced as
we go forward anyway.

FYI, I'm not a Linux-GUI guy, but I firmly believe in cross-platform
toolkits. A canvas lib should be plug-and-play in any framework on any
platform. BTW, airWRX is its own cross-platform framework, of which the
canvas is a component.

I see the event loop as a higher-level construct. Clearly we need timers
for animation, but why would we need an event loop in a canvas lib?

Regards,

Liam Breck
Network Improv
http://networkimprov.net/airwrx/