[cairo] MOZ-SVG-cairo (was: usable libsvg-cairo?)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu May 12 19:45:47 PDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:58:24 -0400, Liam Breck wrote:
> I'd be happy to make our current work the starting point for a
> collaboration to develop an SVG-based canvas library with a cairo backend.

That could be quite interesting. I know people see a need for a
replacement for libgnomecanvas for one. It would be interesting to
hear from those who know what the problems with its API are so that
they could be avoided this time around.

And it seems like it shouldn't be _too_ hard to make something that
could work with both GTK+ and QT. I know that there are a couple of
different approaches to abstracting/combining their event loops, so we
might be able to start with something like that as a basis.

> Our current object model and interpreter are somewhat primitive - just a
> prototype - but you can download the code and a demo.
>   http://networkimprov.net/airwrx/

This bit isn't too friendly, "it is not open source at this
point. Redistribution in whole or part is not permitted without
explicit permission."

Are the terms of this code expected to change? As is, I won't be
looking at it, and it's not clear how much collaboration we could do.