[cairo] freedesktop.org links in configure.in are wrong

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu May 12 23:35:19 PDT 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:34:06 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On a more Cairo-relevant note: if anybody was looking for a way to
> contribute to Cairo, the XCB backend could use some love; and I'd be
> happy to help with any questions that come up on the subject. :-)

I thought this would be worth cleaning up before 0.5, (though I really
need to stop finding little things to do and finish it already). There
were some obvious little updates that I had missed in recent changes
which I've now committed.

After that, I want to fix cairo-xcb.h so it has functions to match
what we've come up with for cairo-xlib.h. In mimicking the
implementation there, I found the following loop in
_cairo_xlib_surface_create_internal for finding the depth for a
particular visual:

        /* This is ugly, but we have to walk over all visuals
         * for the display to find the depth.
         */
        for (i = 0; i < ScreenCount (dpy); i++) {
            Screen *screen = ScreenOfDisplay (dpy, i);
            for (j = 0; j < screen->ndepths; j++) {
                Depth *depth = &screen->depths[j];
                for (k = 0; k < depth->nvisuals; k++) {
                    if (&depth->visuals[k] == visual)
                        surface->depth = depth->depth;
                    goto found;
                }
            }
        }

Could you provide the XCB analogue for this function? I notice you
have things like XCBSCREENIter and I see I could get one from an
XCBConnSetupSuccessRep, but I'm not sure of the right way to get
access to that.

Any guidance in XCB-xen for this task would be much appreciate.