[cairo] Adding dashing for curves for 1.0.2

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Sep 16 10:30:21 PDT 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:16:24 -0400, John Ellson wrote:
> Carl Worth wrote:
> >I think it makes sense to have this lame version of dashed curves in
> >1.0.2.
> Thanks very much for this patch.     It works for me,
>
> Its good enough for graphviz' purposes such that I can declare the
> graphviz-cairo renderer to be feature complete.

John,

You're quite welcome. Thanks for testing it.

For a moment I did attempt to augment the patch in a way that would
fix the poor antialiasing quality for dashed curves, but the code got
_really_ ugly, (and likely would have caused the current lame
tessellator to explode).

So I've committed the patch as is, and it will be in 1.0.2.

We'll have to wait on fixing dashed-curve-antialiasing-quality for the
oft-promised tessellator rewrite.