[cairo] src surface clip problems

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Aug 8 14:33:46 PDT 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:10:10 -0700, "Vladimir Vukicevic" wrote:

> I've been running into a strange case where the clip set on a surface
> used as a source is affecting the destination; this seems to be a bug
> in pixman, with the strange src-clip and dst-clip separation for
> pixman images.  However, it only seems to appear if there is a
> transform (e.g. scale) applied to the source image, which is why the
> existing src-copy test doesn't seem to hit it.

Ahah! This sounds suspiciously similar to the conditions of the bug
that Franz Schmid recently reported, (subject of "Bug drawing PNG
images with transparency").

>                                                I've attached the
> test; the "success" result should be a blue rectangle in the middle of
> a green background.  Failure is a blue rectangle in the middle of a
> red background.

Thank you very much for the nice test case. We won't have this fixed
in 1.2.2, but maybe we can do a very short-term 1.2.4 release once we
have a fix in hand for this bug.