[cairo] Build problems under Win32/Mingw and Mac OS X 10.3

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Aug 14 10:12:30 PDT 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 04:00:59 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Need to add "FreeType" too.

We don't need this at all do we? This is the kind of thing that's only
in the little summary blurb at the end of the configure output, right?
I definitely wouldn't mind if that said "freetype" or even "ft-font"
there instead. Besides, the explanation for a backend not being
enabled often has a nice, human-ready name anyway.

And for the "-font" or " font" portions, why don't we just have two
macros: CAIRO_BACKEND_ENABLE and CAIRO_FONT_BACKEND_ENABLE ?

With that it seems like we should be able to get the number of
arguments down to just two: "freetype" and "ft", and I'd be quite
happy with that.