[cairo] git "performance" patchset # 1 available + a few questions

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Aug 31 04:55:52 PDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:51:12 +0200, David Turner wrote:
> the git patchset corresponding to the performance enhancements described
> on my web page[1]
> is now available at:
>
>   http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/desktop/dturner-performance-1.patchset
> [1] as seen on http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/desktop/

Hi David,

I've been really slow to respond to this stuff, (sorry about that),
and now that I went to look at it again, I find the above URLs are no
longer functional. Can you provide updated pointers to the original
content?

> - I have some prototype code to moderately speed up the gradient
> rendering code. Before
>   and I would find this a worthy optimization. This introduces no
> distinguishible difference
>   to the eye, but of course, it fails the Cairo test suite.

Oh, don't worry about the test suite for something like gradients. We
don't have any precise specification for what the gradient results
should be. So if everything "looks good" then we can just update the
reference images and suddenly your new fast version will officially
pass the test suite.