[cairo] Report for the pango patch and proper profiles

Jorn Baayen jorn at openedhand.com
Wed Dec 6 10:25:05 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 00:11 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Well, according to these profiles:
> > >
> > > http://folks.o-hand.com/jorn/pango-benchmarks/210-softfloat/pango.txt
> > > http://folks.o-hand.com/jorn/pango-benchmarks/210-softfloat/pango-cairo.txt
> > >
> > > your improvement should make a large difference on the 770. I'll try
> > > to get you numbers, if Xan doesn't beat me to it.
> >
> > Yes, and I kicked some of that out on Friday.  My statement above was
> > about this last improvement today, and on x86 only.  Numbers for Pango
> > 1.15.0 vs. 1.15.1 would be interesting.
>
> I oprofiled them both today (using the timetext test):
>
> http://folks.o-hand.com/~jorn/pango-benchmarks/28-pango-1.15.0/
> http://folks.o-hand.com/~jorn/pango-benchmarks/28-pango-1.15.1/

Above reports now also contain X symbols & were generated using cairo
1.3.4 instead of weird hybrid patched 1.2.4. I put them in place of the
previous set in order to avoid any confusion that might be caused by
people falsely attributing figures to cairo 1.2.4 which it really
wasn't.

Regards,

Jorn

--