[cairo] Confusion over git-fetch refs

Christian Biesinger cbiesinger at web.de
Sat Feb 18 11:12:18 PST 2006

Carl Worth wrote:
> Here's one attempt. It does not attempt to identify anything unique,
> but instead just renames everything, (using $user/ as a prefix). It
> also ignores all refs ending in origin, (which is what is desired I
> think).

OK, this broke "git push cairo" for me. Reason: I now have branches
vladimir/cairo and cworth/cairo and git-push doesn't like that, I get:
$ git push cairo
error: src refspec cairo matches more than one.
error: src refspec BRANCH_1_0 matches more than one.
fatal: unexpected EOF

The fix:
$ cat .git/remotes/cairo
Pull: master:cairo-origin
Pull: BRANCH_1_0:BRANCH_1_0-origin
Push: refs/heads/cairo:master
Push: refs/heads/BRANCH_1_0:BRANCH_1_0

(i.e. adding refs/heads/ to the Push lines)