[cairo] Glitz questions

Jonas Beckeman list at jobe.nu
Mon Jan 2 03:18:42 PST 2006

Hi,

I’m working on an OS C# Flash player (very limited feature set, only the
features I need for a certain project), and I’m having some performance
problems with GDI+ which I’m currently using.

Each Flash shape is rendered first to a bitmap, which is then copied to a
texture for 3D presentation. This makes it very slow, so I’m looking at
rendering directly to the texture as a first optimization. Is this possible
with glitz?

I also wonder if glitz has any implementation of shader-accelerated curve
drawing? Like the Loop/Blinn method (that I think WPF uses).

Is there somewhere I can read up on glitz? Google didn't turn up with any
obvious starting points.

Thanks

/Jonas