[cairo] About cairo_show_text and UTF-8...

Scott Robert Ladd graphics at coyotegulch.com
Thu Jan 5 07:43:40 PST 2006

Mike Emmel wrote:
> The system font in cairo does not have those glyphs.
> Pango uses a collection of fonts to meet the unicode requirements of a string.

Hmmm... perhaps this is something that should be clearer in the
documentation or Cairo. I assumed that the default Cairo font would be
the same as the default GTK+ font (which does include these glyphs).

Why the difference in fonts? If Cairo is the rendering agent for GTK+,
should they be using the same default fonts?

..Scott