[cairo] Problems with cairo PDF generation and Mac OS X PDF rendering

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Fri Jul 7 19:27:08 PDT 2006

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> One thing I noticed about the PDF you attached is that it does not
> follow the recommendation at the end of section 3.4.1 of the PDF spec (I
> am using version 1.6 as my reference). Namely, when a PDF contains
> binary data, it is recommended that the header line ("%PDF-1.4") be
> immediately followed by a comment containing at least four binary
> characters (with character codes >= 128)

Thanks Malcolm and Dominic for identifying this cairo generator issue,
but I'm
wondering if I have a graphviz issue as well.   Can you suggest what it
is that I'm doing
to get any binary data in the PDF output?   I'm just generating simple
line drawings.  Is it because
I'm not generating exact pixel coordinates in the device space?

John