[cairo] cairo web/wiki issues

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jul 10 16:59:52 PDT 2006

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:14:26 +0100, "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" wrote:
>   First, I was trying to find out how to checkout CVS modules hosted in
> cairo's cvs server.  So I went to the download page[1] where it explains
> that cairo no longer uses CVS, it uses git instead.  And so it only
> contains instructions to checkout from git.  What about the other cvs
> modules that are not converted to git, like pycairo and goocanvas?

There's a link on the download page to the webcvs for those modules:

	http://cvs.cairographics.org/

It used to be that that page (and all sub-pages) provided a header
with a cut-and-pastable command for checking out the module being
currently viewed. I don't know why those instructions keep
disappearing, (I wrote them originally, and I've put them back at
least once or twice when they've disappeared before).

Since those instructions keep disappearing, it would be useful to add
the block of instructions to the download page. See the following page
for an example that could be copied:

	http://cairographics.org/pycairo

>   I wanted to look at the history of the wiki page to see if I could
> find the cvs repository path in an older page.  This appears to be a
> moin moin wiki, but no page history button visible anywhere.. create
> profile, then login, still no history button.  Oh why is this wiki so
> much stripped down?

Sorry, that's my fault. The functionality still exists, but the UI is
hidden.

The original moin theme was really intrusive on the user experience,
(putting lots of UI up at the top of the page as hard-to-decipher,
poorly rendered buttons, and putting a very cluttered UI in the
footer).

I trimmed it down a lot to make things look more like a real web page
rather than an in-your-face wiki. My original plan was to identify the
few features that were generally useful and put them back into the
footer as single-word links. "History" is definitely such a useful
feature, so we should figure out what the right URL syntax is to get
that back and then we can shove it back into the footer of every page,
(when I also remember where those settings live).