[cairo] More MMX for a few operations

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Tue Jul 11 09:07:20 PDT 2006

Attached is a patch and a benchmark. The benchmark uses poppler to
render page 14 of a PDF document given on the command line 100 times
to a GdkPixbuf. I have been testing with Jakub Jelinek's prelink paper
at http://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink.pdf .

The patch implements a few more operations with special cases MMX
code. On my laptop, applying the patch to cairo speeds up the
benchmark from 20.9 seconds to 14.9 seconds, which is an improvement
of 28.6%.

Of course, the benchmark (render page 14 of a specific document) is
not very general, but it clearly represents something a user would
actually do.

Soren