[cairo] Where's the bottleneck in using glitz/cairo/librsvg?

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Thu Jun 8 14:19:04 PDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 08.06.2006, 06:27 -0400 schrieb Michael Sweet:

> > As far as I know, Mac OS X's icons are bitmap and nobody questions about
> > its quality. Simply becasue original size is large enough (128x128), and
> > they do filtered scaling.
>
> Actually, MacOS X icons are more complex than that - the icns format
> stores multiple resolutions - 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, and 128x128 - to
> provide optimal display/scaling at different sizes.

	It looks like I will do something like this... my own "mipmap-pyramid"
just like in plain OpenGL-coding. The only benefit will be that it will
be generated from SVGs. That in finally really using glitz-surfaces will
hopefully yield my targetted 60 fps with little to "no" cpu-usage at
all.

	Still a pity something like has to be done, although one is using a
vector-graphics library. But maybe using glitz-surfaces turns out to be
fast enough to do SVG-painting on the fly... this is what I still hope
for.

Best regards...

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller

email - macslow at bangang.de