[cairo] Where's the bottleneck in using glitz/cairo/librsvg?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jun 8 15:13:50 PDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:19:04 +0200, Mirco Müller wrote:

> 	Still a pity something like has to be done, although one is using a
> vector-graphics library. But maybe using glitz-surfaces turns out to be
> fast enough to do SVG-painting on the fly... this is what I still hope
> for.

Yes, we should definitely work to get the library working well enough
that for many uses just rendering directly is plenty fast.

We'll still want some pyramid code in place (inside cairo) for doing
scaling when the user does provide raster images to scale. And at that
point, there should be much need for code like that in applications.