[cairo] recursive quad-tree, or bounding box of changed area during drawing?

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Sun Jun 11 15:27:17 PDT 2006

Hello Carl,

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 03:54:07 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>
>> This thread has run off in a different direction considering
> Sorry about that. The thread has drifted into some independently
> interesting stuff, but I apologize for not directly answering your
> question. I'll attempt that quickly now. <...>

I understand the drift and I see them as warnings not to start
optimizing the wrong parts of the system, but hadn't learnt a direct
answer to my questions yet it's hard to see the options I have. Thanks
for the answer and no apologies pls.
> But another thing that might make sense is for you to write a thin
> cairo backend that builds on top of the image backend, say, and adds
> support for these minimal blits to your final destination surface.

Yes, this and a non-tesselating renderer are interesting ways to stack
Cairo directly onto certain pixmap hardware targets that have no GPU.

Regards,

Leon.