[cairo] Re: fontconfig-antialias doesn't work and missing characters in cairo 1.1.10

Jinghua Luo sunmoon1997 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 00:09:37 PDT 2006

Mai Haohui wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I'm sorry to distrub you guys, since I haven't got an account on
> bugs.freedesktop.org yet :-)
>     I've been using cairo 1.1.x for a while(from 1.1.2 to 1.1.10),
> but these two bugs the subject mentioned still exists.  The snapshot
> shows what happened. Some characters are missing in the menu, and the
> fontconfig-antialias option doesn't work.
>
> PS. I've already patched my cairo 1.1.10 with the attachment given in
> BUG #6759/#6617 on bugs.freedesktop.org, but the problem still exists.
>
> I'm using fontconfig-2.3.95 and xorg 7.1
>
> Sorry for my crumple English :-)
>
> Mai,
> 2006/06/19

At first, thanks for you testing my patches.
There are two problems here:
1) Some glyphs are missing.
    I don't know what happens there. The _cairo_xlib_surface_show_glyphs
doesn't work as expect in some cases. That's weird and I can't do
anything for this bug.
2) Antialiasing can't be turned off by tuning fontconfig.
    The two patches on bugzilla are outdated. Could you please test
against cairo HEAD[1] instead of snapshot. I've just committed several
fixes for this bug.
[1] http://cairographics.org/download