[cairo] Zero length segment and SVG

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jun 27 13:48:00 PDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:02:47 -0600, Keith Wells wrote:

> I ran this patch under Mozilla/SVG with several testcases, and it does
> indeed fix both problems I mentioned earlier.  I was actually working on a
> testcase for this patch, but Jeff beat me to it!   Thanks Jeff and Carl!

Excellent news! Thanks for confirming the fixes.

I've pushed these out now, and I'll likely just go ahead and push out
the 1.2 release at any moment---it's really just a matter of making a
list of the known bugs we have. I don't think any of them are bad
enough to hold up the release at this point---but I'll make one more
scan through them and mark them as XFAIL or else put new reference
images in place where necessary.

> One question about test cases, how do you create the .png files used in the
> test cases?  Is there a specific process or set of tools?

I've always generated them with the test program itself. For example
you might be able to modify the program slightly to generate the
result is _should_ be getting in the modified form.

But if the results of any one backend already look good enough then
you can simply copy its -out.png to the appropriate -ref.png for the
test.

Thanks for your contributions!