[cairo] Zero length segment and SVG

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jun 30 08:02:55 PDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:48:00 +0200, Carl Worth wrote:
> I've pushed these out now, and I'll likely just go ahead and push out
> the 1.2 release at any moment---it's really just a matter of making a
> list of the known bugs we have. I don't think any of them are bad
> enough to hold up the release at this point---but I'll make one more
> scan through them and mark them as XFAIL or else put new reference
> images in place where necessary.

I've now finished this work.

As it turns out, I ended up being a little more pedantic and a little
less lazy. I did mark the leaky-dash test as XFAIL. It's a bug that
has existed since before 1.0, so it's at least not a regression---and
I don't think that a lot of users have been hitting it, (though it is
an extremely ugly bug).

For all of the other failures in the test suite, there were many real
bugs, and we fixed everything we could find this week.

The PostScript backend in particular received several bug fixes:

 * Fix to not draw anything with SQUARE or BUTT-capped degenerate sub-paths

 * Fix the transformation of source surfaces, (basically any
   non-identity transformed source was really broken in the PostScript
   output before).

 * Fix to not draw anything for BUTT-capped zero-length dash segments.

 * Fix placement of glyphs with vertical metrics, (by dropping back to
   type3 subsetting for these). This bug affected both PS and PDF
   backends.